Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Slow is good?

I'm a slow writer (hell, I'm slow at anything except driving and eating chocolate). For four years now, I've been working on a collection of stories, which I just finished. Now I've got to sell it--what fun! The last time I was drowning in a writing project, I took up poetry. Now it's blogging.

Slow is good for some things (white sauces, afternoon sex), but if you're a writer who wants a little recognition, it's torture. After all these years at it, though, I've accepted it--I'll never be fast.

I named this post after a book of poetry, Inland, Thinking of Waves, by Sarah Provost. It describes my life in Colorado exactly. Someday I'll live on the beach, but for now I'm stuck in Colorado with mountains blocking the view. (That's the Kansas City girl talking--she wants fields of grass out to the horizon.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home