Tuesday, January 11, 2005

What the Bleep Do We Know?

Every time I try to type, my cat Rufus butts his head against my fingers so that I'll pet him. Then he turns around and meows in this pitiful way, as if he can never get enough love. All this from a cat with no nads!

My husband Todd abd U(Rufus, I'm trying tot ype!)

My husband Todd and I just got back from seeing What the Bleep Do We Know?! It's supposed to be thought-provoking, but mostly it's just provoking. I wanted to shoot the woman who was channelling Ramtha, whoever that is supposed to be. She kept flaring her eyes at the camera and making pseudoprofound statements in this weird accent. I went to her website and was driven away by the music. http://www.ramtha.com/

The movie worked best when scientists were talking about their science, whether quantum physics or biochemistry. One woman said that emotion was all a matter of proteins hooking up with receptors on our cells. Physicists were talking about our unity at the molecular level, how we're forever exchanging electrons with the streetlamp or the person next to us or that insect. (OK, maybe that wasn't exactly what they were saying, but I'm an English major.)

Less New Age bullshit and more science would have improved the movie immensely.

On the way home, we drove into a bank of fog. When we stopped at a red light, the lights of the car dealership across the highway looked like a bank of spaceships coming in toward town. I feel a poem coming on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home