Saturday, March 18, 2006

I am snarky

I get an email newsletter called the Weekly Grist, which has cool, amusing, snarky articles about environmentalism. What I find most refreshing is that they don't take greenishness too seriously.

Go to

www.grist.org

and search for the series on Poverty and the Environment. I especially liked the walking tour of the South Bronx that mentioned it used to be a getaway for the rich. Wonder when that was...

But what got to me are the articles about mountaintop mining. How, in the age of the Clean Water Act, can a coal company legally blow the top off a mountain, cracking the foundations of nearby houses in the process, and then dump all the rubble into a stream, choking and/or poisoning it?

Stop using coal, people! Get Windsource!

Oh, except that Windsource is full. Put yourself on the waiting list.

1 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger ssas said...

I want you to start reading this author's blog:

http://barthanderson.livejournal.com/

You guys would get on famously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home