Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Shiny and Happy

For the first time in three years, I've been writing a new short story. It's called "Aperture" and it stars a young woman named Hope, who is held up at gunpoint. She turns on the attacker and in the process, a little girl is killed.

I had a workshop of it the other night in the Lighthouse Writers class, and I thought the comments were pretty positive, given that the story was 2 weeks old. I think the story needs to be a few pages longer--and maybe I need to take out the part about Hope having a vision--and then it will be ready to go.

For a long time now, I've had an idea for another story collection (in addition to The Price of Silence, which I've been working on for years) called Women in the Wrong. Hope's story could very well be the first one in that collection

1 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger ssas said...

can't wait to read it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home