Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The 39 Steps

The 39 Steps

Went to see the second Hitchcock movie in the Denver Art Museum series tonight, The 39 Steps. Title reminds me of the program I'm doing,

Year to Success

I'm enjoying it, though I have yet to manage to keep up with the daily emails.

Watching these movies reminds me of how much I have to learn about movies. At the last showing, for The Lady Vanishes, some people went on and on about trains in Hitchcock movies. "No matter what," I thought, "some people will always take the opportunity to be academic."

I left.

But this time I stayed until the end until the end of the discussion.

Why do we follow some things and not others?

I have no desire right now to learn about opera, though I would do so if my life depended on it. I wouldn't mind learning more about jazz, but I don't feel the same urgency about it as I do movies.

Maybe it's because I took a screenwriting class two years ago, and that unfinished script is bothering me. I know the main character, Lydia, is just dying to get out in the world. Sometimes I think my idea could be a TV series about a peculiar kind of heroine.

Really, this post is just a test to see if the comment spammers have gone away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home