Monday, September 18, 2006

Is it autumnal?

I just witnessed somebody else's near-death experience.

I was pulling out of the Broomfield park-n-ride, turning right, but there was someone turning left. That car went ahead and almost got run over by a bus that was just then turning into the park-n-ride. The driver waited for a moment, as if she thought the bus might get out of her way, and then backed up.

As we turned out of the park-n-ride, she was in the lane turning left onto Wadsworth, but she didn't pull up to the intersection. Instead, she stopped two car lengths back and sat there. I was about to turn right but hesitated. Then a bus pulled up behind her and a car pulled up behind me.

I put my hazard lights on and went over to her, apologizing to the people behind me on the way. I knocked on her window. It took her a minute to open it, and I asked, "Are you OK?" She didn't respond . Then I said, "Hey, you're blocking traffic," and she said something about blocking the bus and gave me a look that said I just didn't get it. Then she floored it through the yellow light.

I just hope she gets home without killing anyone.

The weird thing is, if she hadn't turned in front of that bus, I probably would have. I didn't see it until it stopped for her. So she very well could have saved my life, or at least saved me from getting into another wreck in the truck.

To the woman who is weirdly petulant toward buses: thank you.

1 Comments:

At 1:56 AM, Blogger Django said...

Maybe it is autumnal. LOL. But it certainly is weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home