Monday, October 30, 2006

A new skin

My house is dim today because of the brown paper taped over the windows.

Dami, who may be the first person from Mongolia I’ve ever met, was here prepping the house with his crew. I love the way he talks: his accent is definitely Asian, but his native language sounds more like Navajo to me than Chinese or Japanese, and he speaks very deliberately.

They painted the base color today, and I snuck out before dinner to look at it. It seemed quite blindingly white. We had a gray-based white before, and this time I thought I was going for more of a creamy white. I’m not sure if I like it yet. I’ll go out in the morning and look at it again, when the light is better.

Then tomorrow they have to paint the trim. Right now all the gutters are wrapped up—I asked them not to paint them because they’re new and it would void the warranty. The house looks quite ghostly, appropriate for Halloween.

The company doing the paint job is Eco Handyman. I heard of them from Boulder Green Building Guild.

They’re expensive, but so far they seem to be good.

The company that did the gutters is Accent Windows. They're a Westminster company that actually manufactures windows in Colorado. They claim that the gas in double-paned windows manufactured at lower altitudes expands at a mile high and may actually escape the window. Don't know if that's true, but it sounds possible. They also do gutters, siding, and doors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home