Monday, March 14, 2005

Domestic dervish

Truly a manic Monday. I did all kinds of housework shit, including ironing 10 yards of curtains so that I could put them up and get all that crap off of our living room floor. I did dishes. I started reading about Germany and the Americas. And all of this, except the copyediting, gave me an incredible sense of purpose and well-being.

I love writing; don't get me wrong. But so often it's just writing for myself or a few people who read it in a journal. And occasionally for the people who listen to me read at an open mike in Denver. But most of the time it's a solitary pursuit that just doesn't seem as solid as making the living room look pretty. Our living room/dining room is long and narrow and painted white, so when it's looking good it's like living in a cathedral, which I like. All we need are stained glass windows.

Martha, when are you getting out? I want your opinion!

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger ssas said...

She's out. But really, her taste sucks. All that money and not taste... a common problem I fear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home