Thursday, April 28, 2005

Things that fit

Last night I was hangin' out, talking to my father on the telephone, when my husband walked in with two kayak paddles and two life vests. He bought me the one I want, the one specifically cut for women, which means it squishes my boobs only a little. It's also filled with kapok, a compostible material, so it's partly made from sustainable materials (the rest is plastic).

Poor Todd. He had to go to REI in Denver and discuss my chest size with the female clerk. I wonder if that was hard for him. Any guesses?

Is he wonderful or what?

I'm looking forward to trying out the kayaks this weekend. Eventually we'll be doing some whitewater in them.

I love playing in the water. I like swimming, rafting, snorkeling, diving--even though I can feel my heart rate rise when I first go under and have to breathe through the regulator. I have to remind myself to breathe slowly. But I don't like heights. I think it's the feeling of all that air around me that I can fall through. When it's water I'm falling through, though, that's almost comforting--even if I can see 60 feet straight down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home