Monday, January 31, 2005

Day of Noodles

Damn, I worked my body this weekend. Saturday I did the Krav Maga combo and Yoga, which sure as hell wasn't beginner. I can't do the balancing poses at all, and of course the person who is wobbling all over the place and putting her feet down screws everyone else up. And I was in the front row, so I could see myself and my chocolate flab. Then I came home and planted some tulips. Yeah, so I plant tulips at the end of January. So what if last year's tulips are already breaking the soil? And on Sunday, I cleaned our bathroom. It takes me an hour every time to scrub one puny shower that barely fits two people. I felt so virtuous by the time I was done that I made Todd look at it. "Clean enough for the Virgin Mary!" he said. Now when Rufus drinks water from it after our showers, at least he'll have clean drinking water.

But the reason for the title is our two restaurant meals of the day: pho and leftover pasta from Village Tavern the night before. We went to Pho 79 again, over by the new Pacific Ocean Market, and got the soup. Actually, soup is all they serve, and it's all beef broth with noodles and meat--you can get tendon and tripe if you really want to! How did this ever get to be a restaurant craze? We'll soon have 3 pho restaurants within a block of each other. I guess city planners think Vietnamese people like to converge. Todd says Pho 79 is more authentic than Pho 12 (where are numbers 13 through 79 anyway?), but I can't tell.

I felt the same way when Louisville approved a Home Depot and Lowe's right next to each other. Because you know one is so different from the other!

And after all these noodles, we watched the end of Troy (thanks, SSaS) from the sex scene on. That's a noodle of a more pleasing sort.

2 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger ssas said...

i got to buy that movie!!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Price of Silence said...

The last half of it was pretty good, but it was definitely slow at the beginning. I'm starting to appreciate Brad Pitt more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home