Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Everyday Gifts

Not much happened today, but I'm tired.

I came home after Krav Maga and researched a couple of poets on my computer. Cecila Vicuna is reading Friday, and Stacy Gillett Coyle is reading Saturday. I think I'll drag Todd to that reading. Vicuna sounded a little too postmodern for me.

Rufus got up on my lap while I was surfing and fell asleep with his head propped on the keyboard. Small tufts of cat hair clung to the wrist rest. I looked down at him and watched him breathe. I told him he was a gift.

If I don't go to the reading tomorrow night, I can stay home and watch a couple of Tom Cruise movies. Since September, I've been watching his movies in chronological order, starting with Endless Love. The next one is Born on the Fourth of July. So far, it seems like every movie has a conflict with a father figure--most of them problematic. It fits his personal history, I suppose, but it seems like too easy a conclusion to reach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home