Monday, May 23, 2005

Astrology is destiny

I've often wondered why I obsess over my yard. For years now I've been revising it into a combination of xeriscape and meadow, which causes me back trouble, heel trouble, sweat, dirt, and mosquito bites. Not to mention all the times I'm out in the yard "working" and thinking how unfair it is that Todd is inside playing computer games.

Strange man. He'd rather be sitting in air-conditioned comfort than pull up weeds or sod or rototill. What's wrong with him?

Other times I'll think, "Why am I not writing?"

But I keep doing it summer after summer--and look for ways to extend it into the winter.

You'd think that the work I do with Wildlands Restoration Volunteers would give me a native plants fix. But it doesn't, even though I'm very proud of the work I've done to restore public lands along the Front Range.

No, I want them in my own yard. In my own little universe, where I get to arrange everything the way I want, create a landscape that works for me.

Once a Virgo, always a Virgo, I suppose.

4 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger ssas said...

I guess for me blogging is like your gardening. Puts off real writing...

Ok, I'm going to write NOW!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Price of Silence said...

because the "active" work doesn't require thinking or creativity, just moving the body..bend over, pull..hmm, sounds like sex.

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Ankita Malhotra said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Ankita Malhotra said...

Astrologers accept that Moon impacts the body vibrations similarly as it influences the sea waves during the tides. Indeed, even logical examinations have demonstrated that individuals carry on oddly during the full moon evenings since this is one planetary body that is profoundly associated with the human brain.

Best Astrologer in Delhi


 

Post a Comment

<< Home