Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Exit spouse, enter Mr. Clean

I will be out of town for the next two weekends, the first one to do some restoration work at Arapaho National Wildlife Refuge, and the second to attend my nephew's graduation from college.

Todd is already celebrating how clean the house will be when I'm gone. He says it's messier when I'm here.

I point out to him that I'm the one who picks everything up. That when he walks in the door, he dumps what he's carrying on the table or the floor, usually right where I need to walk. I'm also the one who cleans the house. So I don't really follow his logic.

But he is celebrating having the house to himself for two weekends in a row.

I don't blame him. When he goes out of town, I get a big kick out of hanging one towel on the towel rack. It feels like my house then.

2 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger ssas said...

Yea! for loners everywhere. PHF doesn't really appreciate how much I love it when he's gone.

But then, I love it when he's around too, and I'm never TRULY alone...

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Price of Silence said...

Are you referring to your children or your imaginary friends?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home