Tuesday, February 22, 2005

What Todd Wants Most

My husband once told me that he wants a standing ovation.

Ever since then I've wondered what I could possibly do to bring this about. Blogging wasn't an obvious idea, but I thought I'd mention it here anyway.

We went to a dinner held by Wildlands Restoration Volunteers, and one of the volunteers, a man named Ted, did indeed get a standing ovation for having done 50 eco-restoration projects over the last few years. Ted is a great guy--he's always the crew leader for the rock work sections of the projects, the part in which you improve a trail by putting rocks as stepping stones in the uneven parts. His manner is a little crusty, but he's actually a very funny guy.

So after Ted got a standing ovation, Todd was feeling a little misty-eyed, I could tell.

I do my best to support my husband and praise him when he deserves it, but I'm not quite sure how to motivate someone to deserve a standing ovation. I suppose it's one of those things that has to come to you when you least expect it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home