Saturday, February 05, 2005

Sing-Sing in Boulder

One time I went to a piano bar in Denver called Sing-Sing. It's one of those places with dueling pianos. It was fun, but I drank too much because I was with Sex Scenes at Starbucks and Virtigo, and they just kept pouring me drinks. Now there's one of these places in Boulder. It's called The Reef. Todd and I ate there once, and the food was unmemorable. But we had fun Friday night listening to the piano guys. The place was packed with people from college students to older couples to this Asian man sitting at the bar in a suit. He had his back turned to the music, and when I went up to order drinks, he tried to pick me up. I felt sorry for him, but he had one of those craggy gangster faces, so I didn't feel sorry enough to stop and talk.

I was in the mood for vodka, and the bartender recommended Ketel One and Belvedere. Ketel One is definitely better. Todd, meanwhile, was drinking mai tais, so when I got tired of the vodka I'd have a sip of his. Meanwhile the piano guys were switching to drums and synthesizer and trying a few metal songs. They were amazing.

I just wish they'd pick on the guys as much as the girls. I wouldn't care about the bitches and whores stuff if they'd call a few guys a name. But they didn't. So that pissed me off a little bit.

We left when Todd thought he might starve to death and went to Old Chicago's for pizza. It was about the only place that was still serving food.

We actually stayed up past midnight.

1 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger ssas said...

hey! good for you!

ahh, sing sing. yes, quite drunk, as I [don't] recall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home