Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Dusty brown!

Pedro and Mario installed our countertops today. I will love them forever.

I spent a lot of time this afternoon (when I should have been earning money to pay off the rest of said kitchen) gazing at the countertops and the floor and congratulating myself on what a great job I did matching them. "Cool, black in the floor and black streaks in the countertop, but not too much; it matches the cabinet too."

Good job, girl.

And then my hubby comes home--you know, the one who has a little list on his computer that has me at the top--and looks at it, and feels it, and smiles a little, and then ... yada yada yada ... says he'll like it better when everything in the kitchen isn't such a dusty brown.

Count to ten.

OK, there is no brown in the kitchen. There's beige, rust, black, blue, pinkish-something or other, a streak of green or two, but NO BROWN!

I said, "Is that all you have to say after all the work I've done?"

He tries to get out of it by spitting on the slate floor and showing me how much better it will look when it's sealed. Yeah? So what?

I think my husband really wants a disco kitchen. I should have bought the shiny red cabinets from Kitchen Planners.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger ssas said...

spoken like a man who doesn't have OCD when it comes to how stuff looks. I mean, c'mon, how would it look with all those boxes of Kraft Easy Mac and juice boxes and coke cans, and packages of half-eaten crackers?

the laser thing is cool though.
can't wait to see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home