Saturday, February 12, 2005

Urgent messages

So I get home from the movie and discover 5 messages on my answering machine. Since we usually have only 1 or 2 messages, I knew it was a bad sign. First one sister and then another calling to tell me my father had had chest pains in church and then took so much nitroglycerin that his blood pressure plummeted and they took him to the emergency room. He already has 4 stents, so there aren't too many arteries left that can be worked on, but I guess it turned out OK. The last message said that he had been released from the hospital and was going over to Beverly's house to recover. I'll call tomorrow to find out more.

It's weird to be practically the youngest person in my extended family. I'm the youngest child, which makes me almost the youngest cousin--I think my uncle David has 2 or 3 kids who are younger than I am. Two of my father's siblings have died--and both had dementia too, which is not exactly comforting--so time seems to be closing in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home