Friday, November 25, 2005

It's my leftovers and I'll get fat if I want to

Recent developments this week:

For breakfast and lunch on Friday, I had leftover dressing, cranberry relish, and green bean casserole.

I saw my sister's mother-in-law and my sister's sister-in-law. Isn't it weird that the latter is my sister-in-law, but the former can never be my mother-in-law? It makes me feel like Ludwig Wittgenstein obsessing over the sentence "Green is green" because the first word is a noun and the second is an adjective.

Trust me, Virgos and copyeditors like this kind of shit. And when you're both, well...let's just say, you'll never be any good at cocktail parties.

Todd did sound on two short films, one until 3 o'clock Wednesday. The fact that we had a fight that morning had nothing to do with his lack of sleep or my period coming on.

It's getting so fucking sneaky these days! After I had my tubes tied, I could tell it was coming because I started fantasizing about movie stars two days beforehand and inevitably felt that my life was a piece of crap. Now either I fantasize about movie stars and hate my life all the time, or my hormones are descending slowly toward menopause.

No! Say it isn't so! I love my period.

I made chocolate mousse tonight, and even though I used 85% dark chocolate and halved the amount of whipped cream that went into it, it still wasn't chocolaty enough. Maybe I need to use milk chocolate. Maybe I need to double the amount of chocolate. Maybe I should try sour cream instead of whipped cream. I just don't know.

Why doesn't restaurant chocolate mousse always taste better than the ones you make yourself? What is their secret?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home