Thursday, November 17, 2005

Rufus wants you to know

that he'll bite you on the butt if you eat his food the way the stray orange tabby does. Rufus doesn't bite me, of course, even though I cheat on him with other cats.

Been going to the Denver Film Festival this week. Am writing this way because going to see Annie Proulx on Saturday. Shipping News, anyone?

Best movie: To the Other Side, three stories about the children of migrant worker fathers. A lovely fairy tale. See it if you can.

Worst movie so far: Buried Forest, part of the Salute to Japanese film. Perhaps wanted to salute this movie as the slowest movie EVER.

Most annoying rejection this year: the one just received from Other Voices in which the reader sensed a sexual attraction between Natalie and her newly dead uncle. Necrophilia, anyone? What an idiot. Must have taken 5 minutes to skim every other page. Is some sex in the story, mind you, but only between Natalie and her boyfriend. Ken doll mentioned twice in story does NOT participate in any sex acts.

Best thing that happened this week: I went to EcoCycle's volunteer love event (naked people recycling together, woohoo!) and won an organic cotton bathrobe. (To put on after the volunteer love. Came with pack of Camel lights in the pocket.) I believe it's the first raffle I've ever won.

1 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger ssas said...

Oh, I don't know. Ken dolls and sex. I'm thinking I see the connection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home